Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Slow Progress but still progressing

The last couple of weeks have been real slow businesswise. I have done several things on the net- this blog, a Yahoo group and a page on MySpace. Usually I have a little time to socialize at work, thus allowing me to talk about UB but we have been extremely understaffed and therefore overworked that my coworkers and I just want to punch out and go home. My family who are behind me 100 percent have been busy too, construction issues and my brother and sister in law are busy with their flower shop.





I'm hesitant to start any major project now as I am leaving for Washington State for vacation in about a week and a half, but I am having my business supplies sent up so that I could have a party or two while I'm away.





I intend on working real hard on my return as I have several ideas- speaking with my stylist about letting me put a brochure and business card display on her counter also getting up the courage to speak w/the local teen center about doing a craft class or two during the summer (Do you think I could do that?) also, several have promised to have parties so I'll reconfirm with them. So slow progess I guess is better than none-

4 comments:

UB SoCal said...

What is that saying..."Slow and Steady Wins the Race!". You are doing an awesome job. I want you to try and get the evening of Friday July 27th off to assist me with that 50th birthday party in Thousand Oaks. It's 30 perfumes that will be paid for. It will kill me to do 30 perfumes by myself. I hope you can assist. I will also be glad to help out in anyway I can when you get back. If you give me the teen center info, I can find out what it would take to get it set up. I've got the courage. I'm used to dealing with yucky stuff in my other job! LOL! Hang in there Tracy!! By the way...I forgot to mention...the restaraunt down the street from your home...MAKI YAKI...my favorite out here!!! Just went there tonight!

Kelsey said...

I say DEFINITELY contact the teen center! That's a great way to spread the word. And the worst thing they can say is no, right? I know it can be intimidating to put yourself out there but you will feel such a great sense of accomplishment by stretching yourself. Keep up the great work! :)

Karlene said...

A working vacation is a great idea. I have family in KY and did two parties out there last November. I'm going back out the end of June to do two more parties and I have 3 ladies I'll be meeting with who are very interested in becoming FDs. PLUS, I can expense my plane tickets through the business. It's win/win.

Karlene said...

P.S. I live in UT.